The Left Block of the Algarve (BE) accuses the Government of "disdaining" the region, since the specific plan to support the Algarve, promised by the Government, is not yet known.
On 7 July last year, Siza Vieira, Minister of Economy and Digital Transition, said in Parliament that the executive was preparing a specific plan for the Algarve, due to Covid-19.
At issue, the fact that the region is "extremely dependent on tourist activity", defended, and therefore more susceptible to the impacts caused by the pandemic.
In a note sent today, February 11, the Left Block of the Algarve says that "7 months have passed and nothing".
“On the part of the Government there is no plan! In other words, the Government failed to give its word, thus continuing to despise the Algarve, its workers and its populations», accuse the blocists.
In a hearing held yesterday, the 10th, João Vasconcelos, BE deputy elected by the Algarve, questioned Siza Vieira about this issue.
According to the Bloc, "about the plan, the minister said nothing: he only mentioned that it was the Government's concern for there to be an increase in funds for the region from European bodies."
In this sense, this political party guarantees that “everything will do” so that the plan it presented is “urgently implemented to alleviate the suffering of the Algarve and its people”.