Redevelopment works have already begun at USF Levante in Monte Gordo

Work should take between 9 and 12 months

The requalification and expansion works of the Monte Gordo of the Levante Family Health Unit (USF), at the Health Center in this town of Vila Real de Santo Antonio, began today, Monday, the 22nd.

This work represents a total investment of 214 thousand euros, 70% of which is guaranteed by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (PRR). The remaining 30% will be provided by the municipality.

The intervention, «expected to last 9 to 12 months, has as its main objective the increase in the number of medical offices and the expansion of the waiting room. The work aims to meet the growing needs of the community, providing a significant improvement in the responsiveness of the health services offered to the population», according to the VRSA City Council.

In the medium term, works will also be carried out at the Health Centers/USF in Vila Nova de Cacela and Vila Real de Santo António.

«During the construction period, the facilities at USF Levante will continue to operate normally, from 8:00 am to 15:00 pm, at the Community Center of Monte Gordo (formerly Casa do Avô), located on Avenida da Catalunha. All medical and nursing services will be maintained, with no reduction in current provision. On the contrary, users will benefit from larger temporary facilities», according to the municipality.

For Álvaro Araújo, president of the VRSA Chamber, «this intervention, carried out with funds from the Recovery and Resilience Plan, reflects the municipality's commitment to providing quality and accessible medical care to all residents».

«We are investing in the future of our population, ensuring better conditions of care, and clearly strengthening local health services», he concluded.