Farense maintains unbeaten record at home, but does not go beyond the draw

At home, Farense still haven't lost this season, after six games

Photo: Farense | @tobytandefoto

Farense drew 0-0 at home to Feirense, in a match for the 13th round of the II Football League, played this Saturday afternoon at the São Luís Stadium, in Faro.

In the 32nd minute, following a free kick to Farense, the Algarve players asked for a penalty for alleged hand on the ball inside Feirense's area. But the referee did not consider it so.

At halftime, no changes were made by any of the teams, which seemed to indicate that the coaches were satisfied with the progress of the match and with the null verified until then.

In the 63rd minute, the team's first truly dangerous shot appeared: Rui Costa shot at the goal with great danger, forcing the Feirense goalkeeper Arthur to make a great save, to avoid the 1-0.

Following this move and seeking to improve their offensive capacity, Farense made three substitutions, at 64' – Marcos Paulo, Pedro Henrique and Rui Costa left, Lucão, Fabrício Isidoro and Jhon Velásquez came on.

Feirense also took the opportunity to refresh the team, replacing Jardel Silva with João Paredes.

In the 79th minute, another change was made at Farense, with Elves Baldé replacing Cristian Ponde.

At 82', it was the visiting team's turn to make their last change: Lucas Silva left and João Paulo entered.

With all these exchanges and blunders, the Algarve team was still unable to open the scoring, despite seeming to be the most dissatisfied with the null result.

Until, in the 82', the opportunity seemed to have arisen: following a corner, the ball fell to Marco Matias, who took the first shot. But the ball passed the side of the Farense players, deflected a Feirense player, but ended up going out through the back line.

In the 90', Farense earned the intervention of their goalkeeper Ricardo Velho, who deflected a shot from Feirense with his fists, following a corner kick.

The Algarve people didn't give up either. Almost as soon as the curtain fell, at 90', Fabrício Isidoro tried to shoot, but the ball went way over him.

Farense would end the game reduced to 10 units, after Miguel Bandarra had first seen the yellow card, then the red one, with the consequent expulsion, for having pushed an opponent.

In the 92nd minute, João Tavares, from Feirense, tried to score a free-kick, but failed to hit the net.

The game ended, therefore, with a 0-0, keeping Farense its unbeaten record at home this season.