Farense starts the second round with a home defeat against Moreirense

Goal in second-half injury was insufficient

Photo: Nelson Inácio | Sul Informação

Farense lost 1-2 against Moreirense, in a game of the 18th round of the I League of football, played this Monday, February 8th, at Estádio de São Luís, in Faro. In the first meeting of the second round, the team Faro failed to collect points in the fight for maintenance.

The Algarve started better in the match, in this second test of Jorge Costa ahead of the team from Faro. At 3 minutes, a counterattack play conducted by Ryan Gauld ended up at the feet of Licá who crossed into the area. Mansilla, in the area, couldn't pull over for the goal.

In the 14th minute, it was Gauld (who else?) who shot with force, from the edge of the area, with Passinato being forced to save for a corner.

The good start of the Algarve ended up fading and Moreirense, with more calm in their actions, took the reins of the match. At 22′, the first warning: Cláudio Falcão made a bad pass in midfield, the ball went to Lucas who, at the edge of the area, shot wide.

The second was no longer a warning because it actually scored. A new ball lost by Farense was left to Lucas who led the counterattack, opened for Yan and Moreirense's player shot for the first of the game (28′).



In the second part, Jorge Costa launched Lucca and Queta to replace Cláudio Falcão and Mansilla. And it was from Queta's feet that the first hurdle of danger arose. After a combination with Gauld, the winger shot hard, from the edge of the area, and the ball passed close to the post.

The Algarvians were attacking, they had more shots, but they couldn't hit with the goal. The slang says that anyone who doesn't score, suffers and Farense felt it in his skin.

In the 77th minute, Tomás Tavares cut Conté's cross with his arm and the referee did not hesitate to award a penalty. Called to convert, Rafael Martins did not fail, although Defendi still touched the ball.

Already in the period of discounts, Farense reduced. Lucca crossed, Passinato missed the ball and Pedro Henrique, inside the area, took the opportunity to score (90+2′), sealing the final result: 1-2.

With this defeat, Farense continues to have 13 points and is in last place in the championship. In the next journey, the Algarve will visit the Nacional, next Saturday, February 13th.


Photos: Nelson Ignatius | Sul Informação



Help us to do the Sul Informação!
Contribute your donation so that we can continue to make your journal!

Click here to support us (Paypal)
Or use our IBAN PT50 0018 0003 38929600020 44