Câmara de Aljezur finances latest Polis works in the county

Decision was taken at Chamber Meeting

The Municipality of Aljezur will guarantee the close to 400 thousand euros needed to carry out the renovation works of Portinho da Arrifana and the “Improvement and Requalification and Pedestrian Accessibility to Praia de Odeceixe”, the last two interventions that the Sociedade Polis Litoral do Sudoeste Alentejano will do in this county.

The decision to finance all the works, which were the object of a collaboration protocol between the municipality and the Polis in December, was taken in June, at a Chamber Meeting.

For the Portinho da Arrifana project, the municipality will provide 154 thousand euros, corresponding to 25% of the total cost of the work. The remaining 75% will be guaranteed by the European Union Mar2020 Funds.

This is, according to the municipality, a project of extreme importance for the fishing community of Arrifana, which comprises «the execution of a series of works, including installation, maintenance and dismantling of the shipyard, repairs to the shelter jetty, reconstruction of the marginal retention. and paving the embankment, repairing the pavement of the southwest wharf, rebuilding and repairing the old ramp, building the stairs on the north wharf and maintaining the bottom of the Porto basin».

As for the work to be carried out in Odeceixe, the City Council of Aljezur will provide all the money necessary to carry it out, 268 euros, "in a considerable financial effort". In January, the council expected to spend 208 euros on this undertaking.

The intervention “will bring better conditions of access and safety to all who visit Praia de Odeceixe” and foresees “the creation of a footbridge for pedestrians and small urban developments, between the viewpoints of Praia de Odeceixe”.